EROTICA: The art of love, nature, and dick drawings
09.08.2019 - 25.08.2019
Opening Reception: 09.08.2019 18:00-21:00
On Friday, August 9th Blank Space is opening its newest show, EROTICA: The art of love, nature, and dick drawings, an international group exhibition which focuses on the art of sex and sexy art from all over the world. This show is Blank Space’s 4th open call exhibition, and is estimated to receive over 100 works of art from 20 countries in one room.The public is welcome Friday August 9th from 18:00 – 21:00, and everyday from 11:00 - 17:00 until August 25th 2019. Press preview requests will be granted for Thursday August 8th.
This is an open call show, and we will do our best to accept all submissions that we can no matter the artist's style, experience, or technique.
All mediums are welcome - illustration, comics, painting, textiles, animation, video, photography, sculpture, games...and so on.
Please follow these rules. Applicants who do not submit properly will not be rewarded, er, accepted:
• You are encouraged to submit between 1-5 pieces of your choosing. We do not promise all pieces will be accepted, but will try to fit as much as we can on our walls.
• All files need to be print ready - 300dpi and sized to fit on an A4, A3, or A2 sheet.
• Send print ready files to liz (at) blankspaceoslo (dot) com
• Send a link to your website, if applicable
• Send 1-2 sentences about yourself
• Confirm your name you'd like to be credited as
• For videos, animations, or larger files - please send files via Wetransfer
• For physical paintings, textiles, sculptures, books, or other 3D work - please contact our curator at liz (at) blankspaceoslo (dot) com .
• Not all work needs to be explicit or NSFW, but should always deal with sexuality, sex, and taboos.
• We reserve the right to curate the exhibition, but will do our best to fit as many submissions in as we can.
• This is -not- explicitly an 18+ exhibition, and encourage students to apply and attend.
• ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE IN BEFORE JULY 26th. NO EXCEPTIONS.
In August 2019, Blank Space offers up some beloved controversy and talks about sex - not just the birds and the bees, but the nitty gritty of erotica. This sex heavy world of art encompasses all sorts of primal instincts in our otherwise civilized minds - from romantic novels to bathroom stall dick drawings, to plaster casts of vulvas and exploring the overwhelming world of kink. This exhibition leads the exploration on the taboo of our bodies, how we connect to each other, and what fits where.
This exhibition is meant to be inclusive of all types, genders, preferences, kinks, normies, backgrounds, and desires. We work to make sure this exhibition is representative of the extreme spectrum that sexuality is, and to make sure no one feels left out - whether they are a veteran sex unicorn or budding with their own confusing feelings.
This exhibition is Blank Space’s 4th annual Open Call exhibition, where we give artists around the world, no matter the style, background, or skill level, a fun way to show off their work. We estimate over 100 pieces of art, from over 20 countries and 80 artists spanning illustration, comic books, literature, painting, video games, sculptures, performances, textile art, and more.
Come celebrate life and love on August 9th from 18:00 - 21:00. This show is not explicitly 18+, but we warn audiences that things may get explicit, and we remove ourselves from the possible consequences of children viewing it.
This event is 100% free to attend. No registration required to attend.