Watercolor Workshop: Negative Painting
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us for the next watercolor workshop at Blank Space where we will explore negative painting technique and create a beautiful composition with forget-me-not flowers!
What is negative painting? Think about any scene you create, the subject of it (apple, flower, chair etc.) is the positive space, and the area between and around the subjects is the negative space. When painting "negatively" we concentrate on the background and by doing so we make the subject pop.
During this class, we will be working in layers from light to dark to create depth in a flower composition, but the knowledge you will get can be applied almost everywhere, you can use it to paint mountains, forest, underwater scenes, buildings, foliage and much much more!
The class is suitable for beginners. Step-by-step instructions from your teacher Daria make the whole process clear and easy to follow.
All art supplies will be provided. We use extra-fine Van Gogh and White Nights watercolor paint and Saunders Waterford 100% cotton paper.
Due to the global corona outbreak, we are taking precautions to reduce any contagion and to keep our audiences safe! When at our location in person, please be aware of the following rules:
- Maintain a minimum 1-meter distance to all other persons. This may mean a slightly less "hands-on" teaching experience.
- Please wash your hands when you arrive at the facility, and wash them before eating any food.
- We will no longer be able to provide any coffee or tea at events and encourage you to bring your own.
- Only participants who have RSVPd beforehand are able to attend. This helps us keep control of having a safe number of people in our location at one time.
- If you feel sick please stay at home. Your ticket will be fully refunded.
- All shared materials (such as scissors or rulers) will be disinfected before each class.
- Non-Members350 kr350 kr00 kr
- Sold OutMembers250 kr250 kr00 kr